I consider myself a currently lapsed Catholic that will return to the fold at some point in a traditional Church where the mass is still conducted in Latin. There is still truth out there but it is increasingly rare these days. So much of what passes as the Christian religion is fake and disgustingly anti gospel. Here is the worst of the worst the 10 types of “christians that in true Bon Jovi style give Christ a bad name”
1. Churches that placate women’s bad behavior and shame men to distract the truth. Dalrock covers this on a regular and that is why I read his blog and avoid these type of hell on earth holes.
2. Prosperity gospel preachers that enrich themselves by selling false hope and bad theology. Try to get one of these hacks to explain why suffering exists and it will likely be because you haven’t Creflo’d enough dollars in their collection plate.
3. Christians that have no appreciation for ancient traditions and don’t understand history. If you don’t understand where you came from how do you know what you are?
4. Churches that make sin cheap and excuse bad behavior if it keeps people in the seats and dough in the coffers.
5. Churches that worship the Bible but do not understand where it came from. Without understanding the history of how scripture came to pass you really know nothing about the early Church or the true faith of the Apostles.
6. Churches that split over ever misunderstanding and difference. What is 0 / 0 again?
7. Christians that try to explain suffering.
8. Churches that focus on rapture theology and why they will be spared the impending doom.
9. Churches that claim to literally interpret scripture but upon closer inspection no one is missing any eyes…
10. Christians that turn Jesus into a boyfriend or a home boy. Wait is there a space between home and boy? On second thought who cares…
If you want faith why wouldn’t you take it like I take my Jack Daniels, straight?